A Dermaplaning Facial Will Change Your Life – Silver Mirror
Exfoliating 1-2 times per week is a must for anyone looking to have clearer and healthier skin. But honestly, who has time to think about adding exfoliation to a skincare routine when all you want to do is curl up with a glass of wine at home? That’s where adding a dermaplaning treatment at Silver Mirror saves the day.
WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning is a safe and highly effective method of physical exfoliation. It involves using an ultra-sharp surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface – removing the top layer of dead skin cells and peach fuzz.
It sounds scary, but when performed by a trained and experienced esthetician, it is completely painless, safe, and quick. As an added bonus, the results are immediate. When the treatment is over, your complexion is left healthier, brighter, smoother, and clearer. And because skincare products will penetrate better, you’ll see the results last, and your skin improves over the next several weeks.
WHO IS DERMAPLANING IDEAL FOR?
Anyone with acne-scarring, hyperpigmentation, or uneven skin tone is an ideal client for dermaplaning. Mature and aging skin types with fine lines, or wrinkles, benefit from this treatment. Being a physical exfoliating method, dermaplaning is safe for pregnant and lactating mothers who cannot get chemical peels.
However, dermaplaning is not ideal for oily skin types, and those with active acne need to wait until lesions or breakouts completely heal.
WHO PERFORMS THE TREATMENT?
Estheticians at Silver Mirror go through extensive training and hands-on certification for dermaplaning. Rest assured, you are in great hands when getting treatment with us!
We offer dermaplaning as an add-on to any of our facials with certified estheticians in-house. Please call and ask who can perform this treatment when booking.
Our most popular combination is the Anti-Aging Facial with a dermaplaning add-on. You get a 50-minute facial packed with our latest anti-aging devices and products, plus a thorough exfoliation. The results are spectacular for the skin.
QUESTIONS ABOUT DERMAPLANING
Dermaplaning is the old-new kid on the block, and we know you have many questions. Let’s start by answering a few:
- The main question our estheticians receive is whether the villous “peach fuzz” hair grows back thicker and darker once removed. That is physiologically impossible. The soft, fine villous hair will grow back slowly- usually in about four weeks. It remains the same thickness and color.
- Here at Silver Mirror, we suggest our clients come back every 3-4 weeks to get a facial. This is an ideal amount of time for the skin to renew itself and be ready for another dermaplaning appointment.
- Dermaplaning is not painful and shouldn’t leave you with cuts, scars, or peeling. We take an oil-based approach to dermaplaning rather than a dry-skin approach, which other places might do. Because of this, there is less likelihood of any cuts.
- This treatment has no downtime, unlike some facials or chemical peels.
- What is the difference between dermaplaning and microdermabrasion? For starters, both are a form of physical exfoliation. However, dermaplaning removes vellus hair (peach fuzz) and dead skin cells from the skin, whereas microdermabrasion will also exfoliate but not as thoroughly or deeply.
Are you convinced yet about dermaplaning? We at Silver Mirror love this treatment for our customers, and the results speak for themselves. Shoot us an e-mail or give us a call if you have any other questions or thoughts about dermaplaning. Book a facial with us today!